FIRST is proud to announce the FIRST Industrial Worshop co-allocated in the plenary session of the ABI LAB Forum 2012, in Milan, Italy. The workshop took place on March 29, between 14:30 and 16:30. The videos of the FIRST Workshop can be seen at http://videolectures.net/firstworkshop2012_milano/
The ABI Lab Forum is the most important annual meeting of the ABI Lab Consortium which is the Banking Research & Innovation Centre promoted by the Italian Banking Association (ABI), with the aim of supporting the cooperation between banks, ICT Companies and Institutions on technological issues related to banking processes. The 2-day event is organized annually and it is now at its eight edition.
The Forum represents a meeting point and a milestone for banks and ICT companies in Italy to sum up outcomes of major research carried out along the year with particular attention to future trends and best practices of Organization, Security and ICT in banking
The number of attendees more than 300, mainly from the financial domain
Apart from the main workshop session, FIRST was there the 2-days of the event in a separate room for demos and presentations. The FIRST Workshop on Thursday afternoon was composed of the following presentations:
- Opening Presentation: “FIRST: European research for web information extraction and analysis for supporting financial decision making”, Tomás Pariente Lobo, Senior Consultant at Atos Research & Innovation and FIRST Project Coordinator, Atos Spain (including a short demo of the Twitter sentiment analysis tool by Miha Grcar, Researcher and Project Leader at Department of Knowledge Technologies,Jozef Stefan Institut)
- “Web streams processing and other semantic technologies for Reputational Risk Measurement and Management in Banks”, Giorgio Aprile, Group Head of Operational Risk management , Banca Monte dei Paschi
- “Breaking the mould: New approaches to capital markets surveillance”, Wolfgang Fabisch, Chief Executive Officer, b-next Engineering GmbH
- "Retail Investments: Decision Support beyond traditional market information", Dr. Alexandra Winter, Business Analyst Product Development & Client Solutions, Interactive Data Managed Solutions AG
- "Wisdom of the Crowds - What to make of web-based sentiment?”, Ulli Spankowski, Associate Director, Stuttgart Financial / BoerseStuttgart
During the workshop a simultaneous translation services (English/Italian) were provided.